Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

5/11/07

Photo Quiz--What is It?

Can anyone guess what this object is? It's really pretty obvious, not tricky and challenging like 'you-know-who's'!

Here are TWO links for those that might have photos they want to market. I signed up for their newsletters and organizations a long time ago, but so far I've not had any photos which match their calls. Lately I've received two emails with calls for Historic Sites of Europe and for sports backgrounds from fotoLibra. Perhaps some of you Daily Photo and City Bloggers do?

Here's the first link: fotoLibra

The second link is for Scoopt.

Scoopt has recently become a part of Getty Images, and Scoopt markets to the worldwide media. The photos don't need to be as high quality here...even a cell phone camera will do! The idea is to sell photos of events such as the car crash they illustrate on their website.

Have a Great Weekend!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good photo...is it a hook?

May 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take thousands of photos and never sold one in my life through the kinds of places you linked. I don't know why. I do sell them or use them all the time in other ways -- mostly to illustrate stories in newspapers and magazines. I wonder why this is? I think it was nice of you to make the links available to us and I thank you for that.

I like your photograph. It looks like some modern art or an excuse for modern something. If it is a decoration I don't like it. LOL

May 11, 2007  
Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

A claw to some animal?

I am still trying to put the picture of missing UK little girl Madeleine's face into the minds of many, so, if your readers would pop over to Cheltenham to have a look i'd be grateful. You never know she could be in your road or mine by now. We can all look! Thanks. There is now a possible American suspect so i'd be so grateful if you would look...

May 12, 2007  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Gen and Abraham: you're both kinda right. It's a sculpture in the First Hawaiian Bank in Kahului..and I believe it represents the Maui the demi god fish hook! :-)

May 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home