Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

5/4/07

The Answer is NO, NO and NO!

When you read the message in the photo below, don't worry. It's not your eyesight going bad on you...it's simply not one of my better photos! :-) However, my partner insisted I drive to this location and photograph this sign posted in the window with the rules and dress code for an upcoming Kihei nightclub. He found these rules hilarious, and since he's a long time savvy Maui businessman, he can't imagine what the new owners must be thinking posting this on their window! Like who doesn't wear flip flops, boots or tennis shoes here on Maui?! How many Maui people dress up at night?!

The last rule is the most outrageous one of them all: "No bad attitudes". Excuse me, but now there are attitude rules? ROFL! What is Maui coming to?

In any event, I earned brownie points with my partner for posting this photo, and I hope you'll forgive me!

I will make it up to you by posting a second photo today--one which is beautiful!




Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

sounds to me it is the owners who have the bad attitude if they think they need to post such notice.

May 04, 2007  
Blogger angela said...

So what exactly constitutes a Bad Attitude. Sounds like an excuse to chuck out anyone the owners don't like...
Perhaps they don't need customers!
Angela

May 04, 2007  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Kuanyin, tell your partner you deserve an expensive dinner out and some jewelries for posting the photo. :-)

I never understand the appeals of clubs anyway. In NYC, they have velvet rope policies at most of the clubs to keep out the less popular or desirable crowd. But really, who cares? I rather spend my money eating dinner with my friends or hanging out at a cafe.

May 04, 2007  
Blogger Z said...

I like Ming's attitude!

Can you keep track on when exactly they go out of business? :-)

May 05, 2007  
Blogger GMG said...

Maybe the owners simply don't want people from Maui to go there. Let them go bankrupt... If not, please advise. Things may be becoming a bit too odd...

May 05, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haha..

All the No No No, it sounds like Singapore!

May 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like they're trying to keep gangs out -- does Maui even have Cryps (and the like)?! Or maybe they only want wealthy mainlanders. That's a good thing, it'll keep local joints cozy!

May 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home