Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

4/26/07

D is for the Dalai Lama On Maui



Sorry to make you wait about the "D" word, but it's been a crazy last two days with the historic visit of the Dalai Lama to Maui. I've risen early both mornings and have had long days at events. I posted about this visit of the Dalai Lama on another of my blogs: Who's Yo Mama, and I plan to post more today!

Short story: Four of us were invited to have a private audience with His Holiness the Dalai Lama last year (2006), and we traveled to the Dalai Lama's home in McLeod Ganj (Dharmasala) India to experience a 45 minute audience with him. At the time, I was asked to invite the Dalai Lama to visit Maui which he had never done before by Georgiana, the main lady who runs the Maui Dharma Center in Paia along with Lama Gyaltsen.

I did as I was asked, and lo and behold...one year and one month later, here is the Dalai Lama on Maui which is probably the biggest event which has ever happened to Maui. My emotions have been bubbling over with bliss! Can you tell I'm a huge fan?

The visit of the Dalai Lama to Maui was accompanied by many rules: no cameras, cellphones, videorecorders, etc....all of which I obeyed. However, I noticed many people breaking the rules of cameras, and so they photographed him and didn't get busted. However, I played by the rules, and thus, I don't have any photos of him on Maui. Oh well....

The photo was taken at the Main Temple at McLeod Ganj (Dharmasala) India in March 2006. It is an intricate butter carving, and I think it's amazing.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog and I loooooove the pic

April 26, 2007  
Blogger Olivier said...

superbe, j'ai faillit voir le Dalai lama, il devait venir a l'inauguration de la grande pagode d'Evry, mais malheureusement le jour meme, il etait trop fatigue pour faire le voyage, dommage.


superb, I have failed to see Dalai Lama, it was to come has the inauguration of the large pagoda of Evry, but unfortunately the very same day, it was too tiredness to make the voyage, damage.

April 27, 2007  
Blogger isa said...

I'm thrilled for you! And to think you were the catalyst for his visit!

On the other hand - I wasn't even tepid (trying to guess the "D" word ;-)

April 27, 2007  
Blogger Kala said...

The Dalai lama is a man with wonderful words and wisdom that should be practiced by all for peace and prosperity in happiness =)

April 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home