Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

5/10/07

Art Night at Shops of Wailea

Last evening we dined with a friend at Tommy Bahamas Restaurant in the Shops of Wailea, a luxury open-air shopping complex in Wailea. Every Wednesday is Art Night at the shops with entertainment, galleries offering pupus and wine, and lots of people strolling around. Here's one of the items we ordered last night, a delicious salad. The food is scrumptious at Tommy Bahamas.



After dinner, we walked around the shopping plaza and watched a hula performance by lovely young Hawaiian girls in shiny costumes. How do you like this photo? It's weird,eh? That's because it was dark, and I used the Fix-It thingamajig on my computer because I didn't adjust my camera light for the dark. The last photo will explain why, but I rather like this photo anyway because it looks vintage.



We watched other people watching the hula show.

We watched this young girl dancing along to the music with her doll.

We observed this artist paint his canvas.


And this is how my evening began....with a really yummy coconut martini. VERY strong! Naples Florida also has a Tommy Bahamas Restaurant--have you tried one of these coconut martinis, Isabella?

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gives a sense of the night, neat blog story

May 10, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yum

I think that's a really healthy and delicious salad!

What an interesting nite you had!

May 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the hula girl photo, too. As you said, it does look vintage. It also reminded me of a French Impressionist style of painting as well.

And I haven't had lunch, so that yummy looking salad is making my stomach growl. :-)

May 12, 2007  
Blogger isa said...

Normally martinis are too dry for me - I go for sweet, girlie drinks like Brandy Alexander - ;-)
But a coconut martini sound intriguing...

May 14, 2007  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

I love the last photo best -- the martini glass.

May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home