Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

6/19/08

Four Water Hyacinths In Bloom

A friend last year talked us into accepting her gifts of water hyacinths and guppies after I had admired them at her home, and that's how we began with this (and another) container. Now we feed the guppies every day and marvel at the beautiful flowers which bloom almost daily. Yesterday my partner insisted I photograph the most blooms we've ever had in one day: Four! He's in love with these blooms.

A note about yesterday's photo: this photo was from my archives as well, and the model had a good laugh upon seeing it on my blog, saying, "It was so 80's!" True...so true! I'll post more current ones of her and more Maui beauties once I get back into my photography.

Lately I've been extremely busy with many projects, and my photography and blogging have been taking a back seat to these other pursuits. About the only thing I have had much time for is microblogging: Twitter and Plurk.

If you'd like to friend me & join on Twitter and Plurk, click on the links.

Now I'm off to the beach as I'm desperately in need of some Down-Time! I might bring my camera...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger GMG said...

Hi Kuanyin! Sorry for having taken so long to get back here again. Another hectic week…
Further to the blossom, there is a lot see, in particular on the rocks... ;)
I'll take the Mimosa and leave the coffee for you... Loved to see the waterfall!
Meanwhile, Blogtrotter is still in Santiago de Compostela, now inside the Cathedral, and waiting for your visit... ;) Hope you enjoy, and have a nice weekend!

June 20, 2008  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

How pretty!! We don't see too many water hyacinths here in the north. :-(

June 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home