Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

5/15/08

White and Red

When I take my beach walks, it's really easy to see who has just arrived on Maui by the color of their skin. It was early morning when I took this photo, and by the end of the day, most likely their white skin will be bright pink. I've seen this outcome so often. Even with a 50 sunscreen, the sun is so intense in the Islands, most people find out the hard way about the intense sun--by the skin!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where's the vog on Maui?

May 16, 2008  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Ronw: it's in the air! And it's still very, very bad today Friday!

May 16, 2008  
Blogger Jilly said...

This made me laugh! We see the same thing here but I can imagine with your sun, there is more burning if people take too much unprotected sun.

May 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home