Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

5/9/08

Wealth

Wealth is my vintage photo collection, and I'm sharing one of my rare ones with you today. This photo was acquired at the boyhood home of the great spiritual teacher Yogananda in Calcutta India.

Yogananda was photographed here with his sweetheart whom he had to leave behind to bring his message to America--so I was told. I was also told that this woman was an enlightened being as well. Whenever I look at this photo, I feel happy--and wealthy!

One of the reasons I carry on with posting photos on Wailea Daily Photo is my feeling that one day some of the photos I've posted here will show Maui before it became overcrowded and changed forever. My photos will help others to remember the Maui which once was!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jilly said...

Oh this is such a beautiful photograph, Kuanyin.

May 10, 2008  
Blogger Jim Klenke said...

I agree with you 100% about posting photos. One day, I would like someone to see one of my photos and know what my town looked like.

May 10, 2008  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Cool!

I just finished reading the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.

June 01, 2008  
Blogger Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Thank you Kuanyin of sharing this photo with us. I totally agree about... The "mission" of your and our blogs. They will be a sort of evidence in ages (if blogspot will live for a while)

June 02, 2008  
Blogger Clara - AIFO said...

She is not Yogananda's love. She was an enlightened being , a spiritual teacher. Yogananda payed her a visit during a trip across India. Her name is Anandamay.
Om shanti

September 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home