Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

1/17/08

Tattoos On Maui

Would ya believe that one of the many things people want to do when they first arrive on Maui is to get a tattoo? Yes, tis true! And there are tattoo parlors all over Maui to service this desire.

Tattoo artists make good money, an estimated $100 per hour with tips. Thus, it's a field many would like to get into.

The tattoo photo above shows a tattoo business in Kihei.

And how 'bout you? Want to come to Maui to get a tattoo?

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger W. A. Whipple said...

I seriously considered getting one while there. It didn't seem practical since you can't get it wet (no swimming, avoid ocean water), and the flight home would have been uncomfortable no matter where it was placed. What I really wanted was a traditional tattoo, the walrus-bone, painful-tapping way. I got much better souvenirs: wonderful memories and over 1200 pictures to prove it.

January 18, 2008  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

No, I don't think I will ever get a tattoo because tattoos look cute on you when you're 20; they looks trashy when your 50. :-)

January 23, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been fortunate enough to visit Maui twice. I got a tat on both trips. One on each ankle (1999 and 2000) both at Skin Deep and both done by Spike. I loved them then and I still love 'em now. 1999 was my first, ever. I had been searching shops for 2 years, Florida, New Orleans, Savannah, but Skin Deep was the cleanest place I'd ever seen. It was spotless! Very impressed. Yeah, y'all get tats while your there, you'll always have a little piece of Maui with you.

February 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home