Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

8/18/07

Maui Wow-wee

This photo was taken on the day Hurricane Flossie was supposed to pass by us on Maui, and I rather like the energy of it. The establishment featured here is co-owned by the famous actor Woody Harrelson who has a place on Maui.

Have you ever tried kava? I drank LOTS of it when we traveled to Fiji many years ago because we traveled with a "son of Fiji" who was a famous performer on Maui, and thus, his return and stature were being celebrated with many a long kava ceremonial. I drank so much kava in Fiji I've never wanted to drink it again!

I will say this: floating in a warm turquoise ocean in Fiji high on kava (it's legal by the way!) is one of those 'must-do' adventures to put on your list of things to do before you die. What happens is you blend into the ocean and become one with it. This incredible experience is like returning to the womb, and it's very hard to leave the nurturing ocean--you simply want to keep floating.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Your description of drinking kava is very appealing. Returning to the womb, tho? Hmm. I'll have to think about that one. Do I want to do it over again??

August 19, 2007  
Blogger Jilly said...

Palms are amazing in their ability to withstand incredible winds. Interesting photo. Were you blown away taking it?

Kava? Ask me now and I'd say No. Asked me 30 years ago and I'd say Yes.

August 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home