Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

8/12/07

So Many Hawaiian Books....



...and so little time to enjoy all the beauty and creativity that went into them! Many of these books will end up on remainder bins in some bookstore somewhere. This is what happens to a great many books, and you can then purchase them for ridiculously low prices.

Many years ago my partner in our publishing company and I flew to the Frankfurt Book Fair in Frankfurt, Germany. It is the world's largest trade fair for books. Walking through the vast, multi-leveled, enormous football-field-sized rooms with book publishers hawking their wares was an experience I'll never forget. Even weirder was seeing the television star Mr. T standing in the aisle handing out comic books in which he was one of the heroes. Mr. T didn't look as big as he did on tv, so I wasn't impressed, but the immensity of books published every year throughout the world staggered me.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always amazed that there are so few best sellers.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

August 12, 2007  
Blogger Jilly said...

Hey! Comments are back on...great!

I love bookshops - it's the one thing I miss here, the wonders of English (American) bookshops.

August 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love book shops, I hope they don't die out?

August 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home