Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

4/14/07

Blowing On The Conch

I don't know if it's been the Anna Nicole Smith or Don Imus news overload that pushed me over the edge this morning, but when I opened my email and found one more post about being tagged for the "Thinking Blog" award, this is all it took! I woke straight up without even one cup of coffee because the stupidity of this tagging had just pushed me over the.......edge!

So this is what I want to share today: I've been attempting to showcase Maui in all it's many aspects through the time I've been blogging here, and it's curious to me to see if others respond to 'images' that aren't 'typical' or necessarily beautiful or 'expected'. Today I'm posting what would probably be termed a 'beautiful' image--a gorgeous statue outside the King Kameahameha Golf Club, no doubt an expensive item. However, I plan to continue posting photos of your everyday non-glamorous, non-tourist-y images. The concept here is to go for diversification and authenticity. Thus, this blog won't always have a picture-perfect glow to it...it won't always be the best photo in the world...it won't appeal to those who prefer to always look at another awesome beach scene with a palm tree or a great big huge crashing wave. But it will be MY view of Maui, my sense of offering the truth as best I see it. Therefore, sometime in the near-future, it may get pretty nitty-gritty. Just warning ya'll! This Maui Paradise isn't always going to look like a perfect postcard.

Conch shells are blown to make announcements and/or to begin ceremonies. If you would like to know more about blowing the conch, click here.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Can't wait, can't wait, as long as there are no rodents, or hand sticking out of a croc's mouth.

April 14, 2007  
Blogger Kala said...

diversity is great and something I am trying to do since I tend to photograph too many of one type of shots - great posting and love your passion for the truth of images =)

April 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, paradise isn't perfectyou are saying. That'll be a rude awakening for many of us. But a dose of reality is always a good thing. Annie in Little Rock

April 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home