Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

3/26/07

The Orbs FINALLY show up for me on photos!


Ever since I had the experience of taking paranormal photos at Lily Dale, New York in September 2006, I have become fascinated with paranormal photography. I ordered a book from Amazon.com titled "How to Photograph The Paranormal" by Leonore Sweet which made me even more committed and desiring to capture orbs with my digital cameras. Sweet said in her EXCELLENT and thorough book that digital cameras are the best way to capture orbs.

In any event, I've been attempting to capture orbs for many, many months now, and FINALLY last week, without even thinking I would get an orb shot, I got two! I was outside taking more photos of the moon as I'm always trying to capture moon photos. You can see the slivered moon crescent in the photos above, and lots of orbs! Success at last!

Before you go and say the old cliche that these orbs are merely dust specks, or dirt on the lens or camera glitches, read the book! Better yet, try to catch some orbs yourself!

Quoting from the back cover of this highly recommended book:

"Have inexplicable spheres and fogs ever ruined any of your photographs? If you discarded them thinking dirt on the lens or camera glitches were to blame, you may want to retrieve them and reconsider. These spheres and fogs my be paranormal light forms. Light forms are mentioned in literature on angels, aliens, UFO's, ghosts, crop circles, near-death experiences, inter-dimensional beings, magick, and thought-forms. Hypnotized subjects describe the lghts as the forms we become between lives on Earth.

This entertaining book examines the many theories about what these energies may be and presents evidence throughout history that confirms their existence."

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog every day and enjoy your photos. This post was very interesting, and now I am considering orbs as photo project also.

March 27, 2007  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Cool photo! Did you use a tripod to take the photo?

March 27, 2007  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Ming, I didn't. I just went outdoors on my deck and aimed my digital camera at the moon.

March 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home