Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

10/26/07

Full Moon Over Maui

I took this photo of the Full Moon early this morning. Having watched the Moon last night from moonrise to now when it's setting, I can't honestly say that it's size measured up to the hype about it's size. Since the Moon was supposed to appear larger than normal due to it being close to Earth, I wanted to check it out. Perhaps it seemed larger in other places in the world? Did it seem larger to any of you?

In any event, I posted on another one of my blogs--my astrology blog--about this subject if anyone is interested: Moonlight Becomes Me.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynette said...

Last night and tonight, the moon didn't seem any larger, just very bright. The weatherman hyped it quite a bit, and I tried to take some photos. On the camera view screen, I wasn't impressed, so I haven't downloaded them yet.

What did impress me was how big the moon appeared this morning about 7:55 a.m., still high above downtown's tall buildings. I took a few pictures and haven't downloaded them yet, either--busy evening and night--I really, really hope one of them will be decent. If so, I'll be posting it.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm going to enjoy yours, I'm sure. I'm also glad that you enjoyed your visit to Portland. Could I ask if you happened to eat at Three Doors Down Cafe, please? My older son is sous chef there, so I'm always curious. Thanks.

October 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A beautiful shot...
Planet Earth Daily Photo
.

October 28, 2007  
Blogger GMG said...

I would say that the sky here looks larger than normal... ;))
Anyhow, loved to see the moon without the blur; my night pictures are almost always blurred...
Have a great week!

October 29, 2007  
Blogger photowannabe said...

When the moon was full it was just on the horizon and a burnished gold ball. Truely amazing. Of course I didn't have my camera with me when I saw it.

October 29, 2007  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Lynette, I missed eating at the restaurant Three Doors Down Cafe....next time!! :-)

October 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home