Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

6/6/07

Premium Protea

Proteas are grown in upcountry Maui and shipped all over the world. They come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. This is why they were named after the Greek god Proteus who was able to change his form at will.

They make beautiful, dramatic bouquets which last a long time. I hope they continue to grow here considering the threat from the mites destroying the honeybees. I posted about this threat yesterday in my blog Who's Yo Mama.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Hello Kuanyin, That's the first time I've seen this flower. I wonder if the exotic flowers shop in downtown Little Rock has any? I'll have to remember the name and ask them.

June 06, 2007  
Blogger GMG said...

Hi Kuanyin
beautiful flower and lovely shot! That son of Poseidon had many qualities, no wonder they named the flower after him...
Thanks for your visit and comment to Blogtrotter!

June 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the shot , keep it up

June 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. I read it with interest. I am also concerned about the plight of the honey bees.

Abraham Lincoln
Remember "The World's Ugliest Cat?" He got a haircut!
Brookville Daily Photo

June 07, 2007  
Blogger geneline said...

I love the flowers but I always find the sticks too stiff in a vase...

June 08, 2007  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

I have seen these protea in flower arrangements at hotels and high-end retail stores. They are quite amazing indeed.

June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home