Full Moon Over Maui
Today is the Full Moon in Libra, and so I'm featuring a nearly Full Moon photo I took two nights ago outdoors on our deck as the moon was growing. The weather at night on Maui has been cool and breezy, and the palm fronds have been clacking in the breeze. I use the word "clacking" for the sound of the palm fronds because there is no other word to describe the sound the palm fronds make, especially at night when the other sounds have died down. We have six large coconut palms on our property which make lovely clacking music together when the winds blow, or they could be chattering to each other as per the definition of 'clacking' noted below.
Definition of clacking from The Free Dictionary:
v. clacked, clack·ing, clacks
1. To make an abrupt, sharp sound, as in the collision of two hard surfaces.
2. To chatter thoughtlessly or at length.
3. To cackle or cluck, as a hen.
To cause to make an abrupt, sharp sound.
1. A clacking sound: the clack of an old-fashioned typewriter.
2. Something that makes a clacking sound.
3. Thoughtless, prolonged talk; chatter.