Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

2/16/07

Maui Mysteries

As my partner and I were making a shortcut the other day on a side street, we passed by this culvert and drainage ditch. I begged him to stop so I could take this photo. I know it's not the most gorgeous photo I've ever posted here, but there is a story to go with it!

Most of the Hawaiian Islands are riddled with underground lava tubes--many of which go straight into the ocean. Some of the lava tubes you can actually walk through. A group of us walked through one at the bottom of Haleakala Crater. In any event, rumor has it there are supposed to be lots of interconnecting underground tubes and entrances. Could this be one? I'm too much of a baby to investigate, but I'm still curious!

Technorati Tags:, Wailea Daily Photo Blog,,

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home