Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

12/3/06

Makena Beach



Makena Beach in the old days is very different than it is now. Back then, everyone ran around nude--that was the 60's. I wasn't there, but I've seen photos of what a great hippie colony it was. Makena Beach was similar to the famous Taylor Camp on Kauai. Only a dirt road ran to this beach. Today there's STILL a nude beach just over a little hill--it's called Little Beach. :-) Even as little as 15 years ago, you could gallop a horse down the beach. No more. The County has approved a big construction project for multimillion dollar homes to be built on this beach.


Technorati Tags:, Wailea Daily Photo Blog,,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

first i noticed that cloud on the sky...so vivid view, even feel it is still moving...
:))
why change the natural beach?? sometimes we humans have changed the planet a little bit more.

jing
shanghai daily photo

December 04, 2006  
Blogger hokulani said...

I would be very grateful if I could get some of those pictures from the Makena hippie colony where I was born in 1971 as I have no pictures of myself and my family from that time. Thanks! hokulani

December 22, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home