Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

11/22/06

Up, Up and Away

This airplane replica hangs from the ceiling of Ruby's Diner Restaurant in Kahului and is much bigger in person than it appears in this photo after I've cropped it. Airplanes such as this one used to cross the Pacific to the Hawaiian Islands. I've seen the original photos....those were the days when Hawaii was truly an exotic, remote location.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Daily Photo Bloggers! I'm in gratitude to Eric, Denton, and all of you for your amazing contributions. God Bless You!

Technorati Tags:, Wailea Daily Photo Blog,,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I love to see propeller airplanes, symbols of an era goneby.

November 22, 2006  
Blogger Annie said...

I wonder if I'd feel just a little uneasy sitting under that huge plane in the restaurant. Probably I would worry for a minute and then I'd forget about it.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home