Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

2/12/09

For The Love

Yesterday my partner and I were shopping at Costco in Kahului when we spotted this AMAZING service dog with his friend. We were both struck by the PRESENCE of this dog, and actually it seemed as if this dog was more like an angel in a dog's body! The way this very special service dog walked...the aura...the energy...well, I was blown away, and since I'm more of the introverted, sensitive type and am lucky to have an extroverted partner, I asked him if he wouldn't ask this man and very special dog for a photo. He obliged, and then he requested his companion to sit down for this photograph.

I can feel the love and respect these two have for one another in this photo.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

They certainly look very comfortable together. I've heard of dogs for the blind but service dogs is new to me. I guess it must be similar to the guide dogs..

February 12, 2009  
Blogger GMG said...

Hi Kuanyin! That's a lovely scene and a wonderful shot!!
Also loved the Home in Kula; can you get me a discount? ;))

Now, Rajasthan is waiting your comments at Blogtrotter! ;) Enjoy and have a great weekend!

February 12, 2009  
Blogger Olivier said...

une belle photo, plein d'amour

February 12, 2009  
Blogger Jilly said...

Service dogs are just wonderful. And poodles do very well, particularly the standards like this one. A lovely shot. I too love to see the bond between man and dog.

February 14, 2009  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Beautiful!

February 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home