Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

10/24/08

Dog Clothing Is Big Business

The dog clothing business has been growing in recent years, and everywhere you go, there are shops selling clothes for dogs. This photo was taken at a kiosk in Maui, but when we traveled to Tucson, I photographed the dog (below) wearing dog shoes.

I spoke to the owner about the shoes, and she said the pavement was too hot for her dog's feet, and that her dog really needed the shoes! Thus far, I haven't seen any dog shoes on Maui dogs.

This is the upscale shop in Tucson selling dog (and cat) clothes, accessories, etc.

Does your city have dog clothing stores?


Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger GMG said...

Hi Kuanyin! Never saw those shops, but must confess that never looked for them... ;)
Le Provence looks a nice choice, just for the name... ;)
Meanwhile, Blogtrotter just said goodbye to Mykonos 2007!! It shows the famous sunset scene at Little Venice, and the Pelican mascot of the island… ;)
Hope you enjoy, comment and have a great weekend!

October 25, 2008  
Blogger Jilly said...

Hmmmmm...well I do know snow can be bad for dogs' feet and they wear shoes or boots! So I suppose excess heat can too. Perhaps the dogs don't go out enough and so don't get used to it?

Oh yes, lots of shops selling this sort of thing here - in Menton and natch, in Monte Carlo!

October 25, 2008  
Blogger W. A. Whipple said...

Dog clothes are big biz in Chicago: http://www.tailsinthecity.com/ - personally I think it's a little strange, but I can see the shoes to protect tender pads from temp extremes. The dresses, sunglasses, hats, trench coats... not so much.

October 26, 2008  
Blogger SoCal_Me said...

We have a shop like this at our mall. Besides puppies for sale, they also have tiny little clothes, strollers, even beds (that look like baby cribs)! Don't know how I feel about it, probably because I don't own a little dog. I just realised- I've never seen clothes for big dogs before!?!

October 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home